The district and sessions court in Jodhpur rejected Salman Khan’s revision petition for re-examination of witnesses in a case related to illegal possession and use of arms violating the Arms Act on May 14. Jodhpur District and Sessions Judge Manoj Kumar Vyas refused to interfere in the subordinate court’s decision while upholding the decision of the chief judicial magistrate.
A case had been registered against Khan by the forest department under the Arms Act stating that licence of the arms used by Khan during the alleged poaching of black buck at village Kankani on the intervening night of October 1-2, 1998, had expired.
Through his advocate, Khan moved an application before the CJM court on April 22 requesting re-examination of five witnesses. Counsel for the actor said after three eight-year-old applications of the prosecutions were allowed and four witnesses were examined, the situation of the case has changed.
The application was dismissed by the CJM court on April 23 which he challenged by filing a revision petition before the district and sessions court.
The arguments made by Khan’s advocate, Hastimal Saraawat, the public prosecutor alleged in the court that Khan was trying to delay the verdict.
Saraswat said: “We will examine the decision of the court as soon as we get a copy of it and may avail an appropriate legal remedy.”
Salman Khan and actors Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Tabu and Neelam were accused of poaching near Jodhpur during the shooting of the film Hum Saath Saath Hain.